Department Human Resources
Benefits and Administration Section
Intern (contract appointment: 1 year) (2 positions)
Job ID: 2508
Duties and responsibilities:
Gain exposure in the following tasks:
- Capture information of staff on PeopleSoft System and type letters to staff members.
- Handle administration with regard to medical aid schemes (applications, additions, terminations).
- Handle administration with regard to study benefits, that is, captured on the PeopleSoft, type letters and send for scanning.
- Human Resources policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Adhere to service level agreement with other sections of HR and with clients.
- Ensure data integrity and quality assurance.
- Handle recruitment administration. This includes, amongst others:
- Placement of advertisement on all advertising platforms as used by the UFS.
- Handle queries regarding the advertised jobs and provide correct information.
- Make travel arrangements for the shortlisted candidates and arrange for payment/ reimbursement.
- Responsible for relocation administration for newly appointed staff members.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Effective communication with clients, both internal and external, on ad-hoc queries.
- Provide a professional, knowledgeable and friendly service to clients, ensuring a prompt response to queries and requests.
- A relevant degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Computer literate ( MS Word, MSExcel, Internet, emails)
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Honours degree in Human Resources or related field.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
An assumption of duties:
1 November 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter
11 October 2018
The salary scale is available on request. For any further inquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161 / 3687/ 9962 / 9130.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter.( Please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- Certified copies (not older than three (3) months) of all academic record;
- Certified copies (not older than three (3) months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- Certified copy (not older than three (3) months) of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete, without a reference number, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click on Self Service, then on Recruiting, and then on Careers to apply online.